Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Almost Complete Plans

I was in the process of making Valentine's Day, remember Internets?
Well, we are one step closer to completion! All I really need now is the Martinelli's - but I can't get that yet or else we will drink it all before the proper day! Then again, I don't think we would be sad over here if that happened!

Anyway, dear Internets, let me show you how I have been successful.
I did a Ravelry search a few days ago on how to crochet a heart. Yes, I know, shame on me for not knowing how to already. It's just something I've yet to try, really, little decorative hearts. At one point I had a dream of doing a whole bunch in a ton of colours and filling up a jar or bin of sorts with them (small-ish size, you know), but never could think of a good reason to have them/make them. Other than I wanted them!
On Ravelry, I found this afghan square.

Via Here - Ravelry




This of course led me to a Red Heart pattern. Which I downloaded. Red Heart makes decent yarn. I like it, it's decently priced. Their patterns are so/so. But they are free. And you can learn a lot of new things from them, I promise. Oh, yes, it's a whole afghan of 12 heart squares, each different, and can be found here if you are interested. I don't think I'll be making the afghan, but I have so many patterns for things I'll probably never make anyway, why not keep it?

I didn't want a square, though, I wanted an actual heart. Like place-mat sized. But of a heart. And I like granny squares. They are good, and simple, and much faster than single or double crochet. Granted, with the other two you end up with a complete fabric (no holes), but I don't really mind the holes.

I gathered some yarn. Loops & Threads. Which I do believe is a Michael's stores generic yarn. I cannot say that I am correct in that, but I'm pretty sure it's the case. I picked the "Snuggly Wuggly" which is a baby sport yarn that I had in the drawers of doom I showed you a while back. Got out a hook, and got to working. It took two evenings, with half of my attention, but I ended up with something almost heart-shaped.






Yes, I pinned it to the door to take a picture!! It's a pink colour, very hard to describe, kind of fruity in a way. It's called "Soft Red", though, so I really have no clue.


For size comparison, but also so you can get a better idea of what my plan is. Mwa-ha-ha, oh so close now!

It's a rather simple make, though.  If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to give instructions, but considering I just kind of guessed as a I went and hoped for the best, there are no notes. No worries, though, I didn't forget what I did, which is more often than not the case!

xoxo, Jess (who is rather fond of how this turned out. she was all ready for disappointment, really)

No comments:

Post a Comment