Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Be Advised, We Are Very Excited In This One!!

Internets, I have good news! Such good news, I'm posting twice in one day!
I created, indeed I did, I created an outfit! Like, a real outfit! It's a miracle! I never match! And, this afternoon, I matched!
Not only did I match, but I changed the damn shirt!

Let me backtrack.
It's a see-through number. Almost like a beach cover up. I don't remember when I bought this, I have a feeling it was during the summer. From JC Penneys. I'm fairly certain on that detail. It was cheap, I liked the print, and the colour, so it came home!
And I was thrilled! I went to wear it shortly after, only to discover an overlooked detail that is important to me.
Elastic on the armbands. At the end. When the arm-length is about halfway down your forearm, what in the heck is the point of elastic there?!?! Internets, please tell me somebody has a decent answer to this, because I do not!
Yes, it's a bit tent-like of a shirt. But that way I can...err, getting ahead of myself, I will show you shortly!
Anyway, you see the elastic on the arm! It's terrible! And pointless! And rather uncomfortable. It's not tight, but I can feel it and grr. Yes, I grr at it.

So, Internets, I ripped it out!

And then, Internets, let me tell you what I did, I went and found my belt! Now, excuse the style, for it is the only belt I own currently, but I see that is a fact that needs changing.


THEN, there were even better ideas! I remembered we have this giant mirror behind the bedroom door! So, I dragged that out, and found a tote to set it on, for height, and got out some leggings! And got out some cute wedge shoes!
And, dammit, I had an outfit!



No, I'm sorry, the shoes aren't pictured here (and to be honest they didn't quite match as they are a brown/silver/offwhite plaid type of wedge, but the style is right!). But did I feel stylish or what!

Let's both agree, that no, this is not a life-changing moment. And that no, this isn't the most fashionable thing in the world. Internets, that's not my point! My point is...when I put my mind to it, I am somewhat able to put clothes together properly and, sort of, have something presentable!
This is also another goal of mine - I've had it for a few months now, actually - is to be able to wear real clothes, instead of jeans and a t-shirt. No matter what combination of jeans and t-shirt I make, I never feel like I have a good outfit on.
So, outfit maker, that's a name I would like to be able to add after mine.
You know, how people say "so-and-so, what-they-do." I dunno if they actually do that or if it's just a television and movie thing, but I like the idea!

In the mean time...Internets, what goes with my lovely orange blazer?!?!





The fit is lovely, it's tailored! It has darts under the bust, and it draws in at the waist perfectly, and the back is all darty as well and I love it! But I cannot for the life of me figure out what to wear it with. So, I gaze at it often. Rack my brain. And come up with nothing. Such is my way.

xoxo, Jess (who likes clothes far more than she leads on)


2 comments: