Monday, January 14, 2013

How This Goes Down

Internets, this is my workstation.
Yes, it is very glamorous. A 4 year old laptop (with an outdated Ubuntu release), on the floor in the living room, between the couch and the television. Very very glamorous indeed, don't you think?

Not much happens here, other than my tappity-tapping to you, dear Internets. I do other computer-things, sure, but this is where the blogging happens. Living room floor. Yup.
I'm a classy gal, what can I say.

I mention this, and I have my reasons, let me explain. I'm not just trying to tell you I'm weird or something - though some of us already knew this.
It's about this, the tappity-tapping.

I like the tappity-taps, the blogging. I really do. Most people I know in real life could care less about my crochet things and my old Pyrex things and stuff of that sort that I put on here. And there's only so much explaining to one's self that one can do about how a bowl is delightful. For me, typing it out helps complete the thought. Doesn't come up as often, once it's written out - be it on paper, on the computer, or even on my phone. There's something about actually writing that helps me make complete thoughts and feelings and it's very relaxing, I guess you could say.
I'm not really sure where I want this whole thing to go. I would like to keep up with it on the regular, and for right now, that means trying to post every day. So far so good, really. It also means, however, that I'm going to have to improve my picture-taking skills, because most of my pictures have been taken using my phone, which is very limited. I posses a real camera, I promise! I just need to break it out more often, which is another thing I need to work on.

Internets, what I'm trying to say, is that I enjoy doing this, and I enjoy getting to find other bloggers who love what they do as well, and feel the desire to share with others. I may not have the best ideas, the best projects, or the best Pyrex, but I'm proud of mine as well.

Tomorrow, I promise to have more exciting things to share than my laptop and my silly ideas on the tappings of such. Promise.

xoxo, Jess (who did not like having to go back to work today, by the way)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jess (although I still think of you as Vinty!:)
    You hang in there. You're doing blogging for all the right reasons and the great thing about blogging is that you can inspire and get inspired by others who are interested in the same things you are, even if your IRL friends don't get what makes you rave! If it's any comfort, I take ALL my photos on my phone and have done for a whole year now. You can get great phone shots. I've got a great couple of links on my blog under the Photography tab at the top http://littlegumnut.blogspot.com.au/p/photography.html.

    Mainly though it's all about where your lighting comes from, the angle of your phone (get down low to the object) and taking things without a flash and during daylight hours. Thanks so much for all your comments this week. Have a good week back at work! Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have many names, which is an odd thing to say, but go by whatever anyone chooses to call me, really! I'm simple that way. :)
      Your pictures are fantastic, there is no way they are on your phone, unless your phone has magic powers (which I'm starting to think it might, if they're seriously all from such a little camera!!).
      Lighting is an issue at the moment - we lack a lot of windows (and it shows a bit, I think, there's lots of flash and bad overhead lighting going on in all of my pictures.
      I will for sure check out your photography tips! Just what I need!
      And thank you so very much for coming over here and commenting, it really means a lot - I know time is sparse for many people, and I'm ever so grateful when not only comments are replied to on others' blogs, but I get some on my own!
      xoxo, Jess

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I find it an awful lot of work sometimes, but I'm happy the bloggers I like to visit don't.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete